TechCrunch is reporting that a Google employee leaked an internal memo the Silicon Valley tech firm circulated to its employees, urging them to provide public comment on the controversial proposal to sanction its private shuttles' use of city bus stops.
Here are the talking points Googlers were supposedly told to highlight in comments to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency at tomorrow's (Tue/21) meeting, when the transit board will vote on the proposal.
- I am so proud to live in San Francisco and be a part of this community
- I support local and small businesses in my neighborhood on a regular basis
- My shuttle empowers my colleagues and I to reduce our carbon emissions by removing cars from the road
- If the shuttle program didn’t exist, I would continue to live in San Francisco and drive to work on the peninsula*
- I am a shuttle rider, SF resident, and I volunteer at…..
- Because of the above, I urge the Board to adopt this pilot as a reasonable step in the right direction
The leaked memo, according to TechCrunch, also noted that "While you are not required to state where you work, you may confirm that Google is your employer if you are so inclined. If you do choose to speak in favor of the proposal we thought you might appreciate some guidance on what to say. Feel free to add your own style and opinion."
According to the article, the memo was leaked to the activists who have been organizing tech bus blockades by an employee who found it "a bit high handed." In turn, the activists sent it to TechCrunch.
*Not according to the study that was mentioned by the SFMTA at the SF Environment Commission last week.
Most Commented On
- Loving clean air and the - April 23, 2014
- Interpreter, not translator. - April 23, 2014
- Yes, Greg is a troll, and usually wrong as here - April 23, 2014
- Nieto has multiple RO's against him and was clearly - April 23, 2014
- Deserted is ridiculous - April 23, 2014
- actually, he was innocent. - April 23, 2014
- Never really a Motorhead fan, - April 23, 2014
- CAlL +2348182620374 TO GET YOUR HUSBAND BACK WITHIN 48 HOURS - April 23, 2014
- Damn egos - April 23, 2014
- If people want to work 60 hours a week to achieve more - April 23, 2014