A petition calling for legislation to legalize unlocking cell phones has passed the magic 100,000 mark, mandating a White House response -- and guess what? The Obama administration says it agrees that consumers should have the right to reprogram their phones to work on any carrier's network.
Sina Khanifar, a San Francisco entrepreneur, started this whole movement, and it's picked up steam quickly. Now, with the Obama administration on board, he just needs a member of Congress to introduce a bill overruling the Library of Congress and freeing the cell phones.
Rep. Pelosi, who represents San Francisco, would be an excellent choice to carry the legislation, no?
Most Commented On
- If you build it... - May 21, 2013
- Not necessarily - May 21, 2013
- Why would you expect to be eligible for a pension before you - May 21, 2013
- You either give more than you take or - May 21, 2013
- You got yours, so you don't want them to get theirs? - May 21, 2013
- Part Timers? - May 21, 2013
- All sovereign currency issuers have debt - May 21, 2013
- Yes, the 65% of SF'ers who poll as approving of Lee's - May 21, 2013
- You and Guest are two peas in a pod. - May 21, 2013
- Xorauguynacediv - May 21, 2013