It doesn't matter if you're single, dating, or attached at the hip to your spouse/live-in partner(s)/[insert questionable pet name here] — Valentine's Day has always presented a veritable Hallmark-sponsored landmine field of ways to screw up, disappoint your loved ones, and/or generally feel terrible about yourself. Until now.
As per the best press release in my inbox this morning: Flaming Lips' frontman Wayne Coyne will be selling a limited-edition, 12-inch, 20th anniversary reissue of the band's deliciously scruffy first EP on a handful of select "Record Store Tour" dates on the East Coast next week, and — speaking of delicious — said EP comes packaged with a life-sized, anatomically correct, "hand-crafted, custom-made chocolate skull." But that's not all! The skull also contains "a special Gold Coin" that gains the bearer entry to any Flaming Lips show in the world. It's pretty logical, really. Willy Wonka + (even more) hallucinogens + the ability to just inform your marketing team that you want life-sized, edible skulls to be part of your thing now = Wayne Coyne.
Unfortunately, this little tour will only take our lovably demented hero through a handful of currently snowy cities and nowhere near SF, so if you want to get your hands on one of these bad boys, you'll need to call an East Coast-based friend and wheedle a bit. Tell them it's for a special someone. Because nothing says "I love you" like using the money you could have spent on a fancy dinner to ship anatomically correct, promotional chocolate body parts cross-country.
"Record Store Tour" dates to convince your friends to attend for you:
02-08 New York, NY - Other Music (11 a.m.)
02-08 Brooklyn, NY - Rough Trade (4 p.m.)
02-09 Boston, MA - Newbury Comics/Newbury St. Location (1 p.m.)
02-10 Philadelphia, PA - a.k.a music (5 p.m.)
02-11 Baltimore, MD - Sound Garden (5 p.m.)
Most Commented On
- There may be a reason to believe that the Controller is wrong - July 30, 2014
- But he's correct. There was zero signs of any improvement in - July 30, 2014
- GhQLLEORLDZK - July 30, 2014
- Mirk's greatest achievement is to change the phone tariff? - July 30, 2014
- Nope, I was merely explaining to you the rights you have in - July 30, 2014
- Since SFMTA reports to the mayor, the distinction is moot - July 30, 2014
- marcos does not wish to believe that the Twitter tax break was a - July 30, 2014
- So are you claiming that the controller's Office is lying? - July 30, 2014
- The Controller is now Omniscent? - July 30, 2014
- Post hoc ergo propter hoc. - July 30, 2014